- Complete and sign the application form
- You must also attach at the same time a video You Tube, Vimeo, Facebook or Twitch link recorded within the last 6 months
- We are accepting vocals only (without playing an instrument)
- Include your name in the title of the video
AGE 6 to 12 as of November 21, 2021
AGE 13 to 19 as of November 21, 2021
NOTE: Winner of the 2020 12 and under may compete in the 13 to 19 division, winner of the 13 to 19 is not eligible to compete and will be recognized as a member of the Café-Lions Alumni.
We will be selecting the top ten (10) in each division to move on to the finals. You will be asked to submit two (songs) which may or may not include the song that was used at the audition. It is important to note that you should submit your two songs as soon as possible after being notified as there will not be song duplication. Once again first come first served.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
- 1ST PLACE WINNERS IN BOTH DIVISIONS $500
- 2ND PLACE WINNERS IN BOTH DIVISIONS $250
- 3RD PLACE WINNERS IN BOGH DIVISION $125
- All competitors will receive a souvenir memento
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 10TH Annual Lions SuperSTARS Vocal Competition. Please review the following criteria to ensure your audition experience is both appropriate and rewarding.
Registrations must be received on or before September 30, 2021
Know your material. Your act should be polished and ready for an audience.
SELECTION OF MATERIAL
Your choice of material should be within your capability and must be suitable for a family audience.
Coaches will be working with each of the selected competitors. Working with an MP4, your Coach will work with you in preparing for a live-audition that will take place on the evening of Friday November 19, all day November 20, or the morning of November 21, 2021.
Performers will be responsible for travel, meal and accommodation expenses Kindly advise if you require accommodation. 705-983-4297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABILITY TO PERFORM BEFORE AN AUDITION PANEL OF JUDGES
Even the most seasoned pros get a little nervous before a performance. Our experienced judges are here to assess your audition and perhaps offer a few words of constructive advice at their discretion.
ABILITY TO PERFORM BEFORE AN AUDIENCE
Looking ahead to show time, you must be able to stand in the spot light and deliver a captivating act.
ABILITY TO PERFORM IN A LIVE ENVIRONMENT
The show is presented at the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre in front of a live audience. If you are a successful candidate, we will help you to familiarize yourself with a live audience.
ABILITY TO PERFORM WITH A BAND
The Café Heritage house band consists of some very talented musicians from our area. They will perform live during the show with all vocal acts (some exceptions may apply).
What sets you apart from every other act in the show? What value can you bring to the production that will be memorable to an audience?
Here are a few helpful hints to make your performance memorable:
- Up-tempo, high energy songs are more impactful than ballads. Generally, they are also easier to perform.
- Avoid tackling ambitious power ballads if you’re not up to the challenge. Keep it real.
- You may be chosen to perform in the live show, however, you may have chosen a song that someone else has also selected. It is required to have a second choice in this case (or our panel may suggest something suitable).
- For the audition process only, vocalists may perform a cappella, to full or karaoke tracks, or with self-contained acoustic accompaniment.